Within any workplace, there are hazards , health and safety risks and red tape. Especially in Logistics. However equipment such as the Mobile Scissor Table have been introduced to ensure safety and efficiency within the workplace. www.mobile-scissor-tables.co.uk specialise in a variety of equipment which can be used effectively in a logistics/warehouse environment to transport goods.
Within a warehouse environment there are a variety of different equipment that needs to be used in the movement of goods and products. Listed below are the equipment that may be necessary in this environment
- Conveyors are used within large warehouse environments typically for distribution warehouses that deal with large volumes of packages such as Amazon for example or Royal mail. This machinery is needed to ensure that the sorting process is efficient as possible
- Another type of warehouse equipment that is used is cranes. Cranes are used to move heavier goods but are in a fixed point and cannot be moved. This is a disadvantage compared to Mobile Scissor Tables as they can transport goods to a height and also be moved through different points in the warehouse safely as and when needed
- Mobile Scissor Tables are another piece of equipment which can be effectively used within a warehouse space. They can be used to move goods up to one tonne to a specified height. Mobile Scissor Tables also come with emergency stop buttons and other safety features as standard to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Forklift trucks are one of the most popular and widespread forms of equipment in this sector. Forklifts can lift goods and move them throughout warehouses with ease and at a fast pace.
Common Challenges A Warehouse Can Face
- A Common challenge that a warehouse can face is lack of elevation equipment. In some situations workers may need a platform to allow them to reach height to perform a task. In order to overcome this obstacle a Mobile Scissor Table can serve as an excellent device to enable employees to do this. A Mobile Scissor Table essentially creates a portable safe working platform which can be used throughout the warehouse space.
- Another challenge a warehouse can face is work becomes too labour intensive. A method that can be used to overcome this challenge is using automation methods to increase production. Automation can be incorporated into several different areas of the warehouse from production to moving supplies and equipment across warehouses.
- Damaged goods are a major obstacle that can face some warehouses. When workers are rushing to meet tight timescales or deadlines they may find that they are pressured to undertake work and find themselves inadvertently damaging valuable stock. This can be a highly costly problem and in order to combat this a number of techniques can be introduced. Team meetings with staff to discuss how to reduce pressure and listen to their concerns is one such method. Another method could be introducing more automation into the production line so that workers and robots can work in a production line structure reducing opportunities for mistakes.